The Panther Motorcycle Company started producing their line of motorcycles from 1900 until 1967. The company's first plant was located in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire, UK.
Around 1900, two talented men were able to create their first motorcycle. This motorcycle was different from the other motorcycles of the era. It was to be Joah Phelon and Harry Rayner who were to be the designers of the Panther Motorcycle Company, but it was Phelon and Moore who ended up forming the company and producing the very first Panther Motorcycle. They were famous in the motorcycling industry because of their fabulously designed frames as well as their choices of engines.
The Panther motorcycles commonly came with an available choice of sidecars. The Panther Motorcycles were also known for their 600 cc engine. Phelon and Moore motorcycles which are commonly known only as the Panther, received the title as the Perfect Motorcycle.
During 1950, the Panther Motorcycles were highly regarded and sought after. But by 1960, when the Japanese Motorcycles were taking over the motorcycle markets throughout Europe, Panther sales went into steep decline. These Japanese motorcycles were cheaper than the Panther and their production was never able to recover.
Original Authors: Gobel Team (Lorraine)
Edit Update Authors: M.A.Harris
Updated On: 09/06/2008